¿Hay realmente un caso de negocio para la accesibilidad web?
En Is there really a business case for website accessibility? se puede leer:
- The most recent ONS estimate of the UK population is 65.11 million in mid-2015 of whom 87.9% (46.47 million) have internet access.
- CAPGemini projected overall UK online spending to be £126 billion by the beginning of 2016 equating to an average spend per head of the UK population with internet access of £2710.
- In 2016, the Office of National Statistics (ONS) estimated there were 8.6 million internet users with a disability in the UK
- This Survey found that 71% of internet users with a disability have access needs; this translates to 6.1 million people
- Taking an average spend per head of £2710, the online spending power of 6.1 million disabled people with access needs in 2016 is £16.55 billion.
- The Survey found that 71% of the total 6.1 million disabled internet users with access needs (4.3 million people) simply click-away when confronted with a problematic website.
- These figures equate to a click-away figure of £11.75 billion lost in 2016 from those sites which are not accessible.